Sunday, September 16, 2012

Eyelash Extensions Experience

The last time I visited my dermatologist for facial cleaning they inform me that their having promos for eyelash extensions and they asked me if I want to give it a try. At first I was very hesitant to have it done because I have a natural long eyelashes so no need for me to have false one. I have several questions in mind that time like:
"a. What is eyelash extension? b. How is the procedure done? c. Is it painful to have it? d. Does it fall off easily? e. Will it affect my natural lashes after the false one already fall off?"
After the routine facial cleaning I asked them about my worries. I strongly believe that its better to ask questions prior to the procedure to set your expectations rather than having regrets in the end and be disappointed. Here is their answers.

a. What is eyelash extension?
Eyelash extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. It has different length and thickness to match your own lashes or you could decide whether you want a longer one to emphasize it more.
b. How is the procedure done?
Synthetic hair strands are tailored one by one to each of your own lash using a special bonding agent. The procedure commonly last up to 2 hours or less.

c. Is it painful to have it?
If the procedure is properly done you will experience no pain at all.

d. Does it fall off easily?
No. Eyelash extensions commonly last 1 to 2 weeks with proper care. Some use less bonding agent causing the the lashes to fall off easily. And also rubbing it vigorously may also affect your extensions to fall off.

e. Will it affect my natural lashes after the false one already fall off?
No. Extension lashes slowly fall out by themselves. It will only affect your natural lashes if you pluck the it on your own.You could consult them and to have it professionally remove if you want to.


After long question and answer sessions I decided to have it done. I asked them to take photos of my lashes before and after to see the difference.


My lashes before the procedure

I have natural long lashes but if you could notice there are wide gaps in between lashes. After taking the photo they started doing the procedure. They put eye under pads held down lower eyelashes. Then they put the lashes one by one. The procedure last approximately 1 and half hours.

Voila!! Here is my Eyelash Extensions.

My Lashes after the procedure
So there you have it. I hope you found that helpful. I so love my lashes it look more longer, thicker and natural looking. No need for me to put mascara on to give my lashes more volume. It gives my eyes instant glow as well.


"I really enjoy my eyelash extensions it look fabulous."









No comments

Post a Comment

© Modern Nanay
Maira Gall